Friday, October 19, 2012

Michelle Nassar FWPTY 2012 (Day 1)




Last year Michelle gave us a super cute collection that was inspired in the sea & beaches of Panama (a very current theme in Panama collections due to our contact with two oceans), it was fresh, very worked in the craft yet ethereal like the ocean's waves, this year for me it was a stepback.

Maybe it was I was expecting too much or maybe it was some other thing but I believe it needed more. While I really like the greens, blacks & limes neutralized with whites & romanticized with lace & crochet (I reaally liked the lace additions to the busts & waistlines, very D&G), my consciousness was asking for more. There's just one dress that's so Chanel I went crazy for it, hope you can tell which one it is!

..................................................................................

El año pasado Michelle nos mostró una colección inspirada en los mares y playas de Panamá (un tema super popular acá debido a nuestro contacto con dos océanos), era fresca, muy bien trabajada en los detalles pero igualmente ligera como las olas del mar, para mí este año fue un retraso en comparación.

Tal vez fueron mis altas expectativas o tal vez fueron otros factores que desconozco pero siento que faltó más. Cabe destacar que me encantó los verdes gema, los negros y limones que fueron neutralizados con los blancos y realzados con el romanticismo del encaje y el crochet (verdaderamente me gustaron los injertos de encaje en los bustos y en las cinturas, super Dolce). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

BY MAURICIO HERRERABARRÍA