Friday, May 27, 2011

a journey through a romantic mind

by now I think you all know that I have 
something going on with Alexander McQueen.
so I'm not going to talk about that business
I'm here to share with you The Savage Beauty
of one of my icons & idols.

the following pictures are ordered in the exact
order than the actual exhibition, it is arranged that
way because I want you to feel as if you were there
(it's a shame blogs with music are not my thing
'cause if they were I'd put even the same music)

I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did
it was extremely emotional for me
in the middle of the route I just knelt
to cry, it was just too sublime.

PD:
some of the pictures are in LQ,
sorry about that, long story.


____________________________

a estas alturas estoy seguro que casi todos 
ustedes saben que Alexander McQueen
y yo tenemos algo más allá de la admiración
asi que no voy ni a tocar ese asunto

este post es para compartir con ustedes la
Belleza Salvaje de uno de mis íconos e ídolos.

he ordenado todas las imágenes en el mismo
orden en que estaban arregladas a lo largo
de la exhibición, ésto es para que sientan 
como si estuvieran dentro de la misma

espero que disfruten de todo tanto como yo
lo hice, para mi fue algo extremadamente
emocional, tanto que en la mitad de todo
sentí la obligación de agacharme a llorar,
algo demasiado sublime, dificilísimo de evitar.

PD: 
algunas de las fotos están en baja calidad,
sorry por eso, long story :(






para seguir con el recorrido clickea el link de abajo
to continue with the jaunt click the link below







here comes a section called The cabinet of Curiosities
which included collaborations Lee made with different
milliners & accessories designers, along with some iconic 
dresses that made history during his great shows
the pictures weren't good enough for you so I skipped'em :)

en esta parte viene una sección llamada el Gabinete
de las Curiosidades, la cual incluía muchas colaboraciones
que Lee hizo con diferentes diseñadores de sombreros, 
accesorios y calzados, también se presentaban algunos
de los trajes más representativos de la carrera de Lee.
junto con videos de sus shows/pasarelas.

Highland Rape, one of his most controversial collections, inspired by 
rapes in the high mountains of Scotland. 
Highland Rape, una de sus colecciones más controversiales, inspirada 
en violaciones en las montañas de Escocia. 


Voss, my favorite Alexander McQueen show &
collection, not only by the narrative but by the
theatrics, if you are interested here I leave
two links that you may like:

Voss, mi show & colección favorita de McQueen,
no solamente por la narrativa sino por el drama de
la misma, si te interesa aqui te dejo dos links
que capaz y te gusten:




after this comes Plato's Atlantis, the last collection fully made by Lee
I didn't take pictures of this part because by this moment I was truly
in another dimension.  Back in PTY & collaborated with a national magazine & 
wrote a piece about the 
experience & the whole exhibition, here I post the scans
of the article in case you want to chek'em out, the only things is
they're in spanish :(

después de esto sigue Plato's Atlantis, la última colección hecha
completamente por Lee, no tomé fotos porque a estas alturas
me encontraba sinceramente en otra dimensión. 
Al regresar a PTY tuve la oportunidad de colaborar
con una revista nacional en una pieza en la que conté
mi experiencia y detalles sobre la exhibición y carrera de Lee.
Adjunto los scans del artículo por si estas interesado en leerlo :) 


see you in the movies :)
I'll keep posting street fashion from NYC
Fashion Week's coming & busy days are coming. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

BY MAURICIO HERRERABARRÍA